(Makes 12 muffins)
¼ cup NOW Real Food® Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
¾ cup NOW Real Food® Organic Oat Bran
½ cup NOW Real Food® Tropical Fruit Dices
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Grease the bottoms of 12 regular-size muffin cups with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg with brown sugar until the egg mixture doubles in size.
- Whisk in remaining coconut oil and yogurt until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Slowly stir dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Fold in Oat Bran and Diced Fruit Mix.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ full.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and let the muffins cool for 20 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories from Fat: 50
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 180 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 32 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 14 g
Protein: 5 g