Quinoa is considered the supergrain of the future. Quinoa is high in protein, fiber, and iron, and it’s a rich source of magnesium. Not to mention quinoa is absolutely delicious!
2 green bell peppers
2 red bell peppers
2 yellow bell peppers
2 tbsp. NOW Real Food® Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
3 cloves garlic, diced
1 tsp. ginger, diced
1 cup of Shitake mushrooms
½ sweet onion, diced
1 tbsp. soy sauce
3 large tomatoes, diced
1 lb. ground beef or turkey
½ tsp. black pepper
½ cup Living Now® Organic Quinoa, boiled for 20 min. in 1 cup water (cooled)
½ cup low sodium, low fat Swiss cheese, shredded
¼ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and scoop out the seeds.
- In a medium sauté pan, melt 1 tbsp. of coconut oil.
- Add garlic, ginger, mushrooms, and onions with ½ tsp of soy sauce.
- Cook for 4 minutes and then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Add ¼ cup of water and cook on medium heat until the liquid has evaporated.
- In a separate medium sauté pan, add 1 tbsp. coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add ground meat, ½ tsp. of soy sauce, and ½ tsp. black pepper and sauté for 10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Combine the meat mixture with the vegetable mixture and quinoa.
- Fill peppers with combined meat mixture.
- Top with 1 tbsp. of shredded Swiss cheese per pepper.
- Bake at 375° F for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!