Makes 4 servings
1 acorn squash, cubed
2 cups of water
1 cup apple cider
½ cup NOW Real Food® Sucanat®
6 tbsp. NOW Real Food® Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
½ cup chopped onion
1 tsp. sea salt
½ cup Living Now® Organic Quinoa
1 cup vegetable stock
½ cup tomato
1 tsp. oregano, finely chopped
2 tsp. NOW Real Food® Organic Coconut, Shredded
- In a roasting pan place acorn squash, apple cider water, and Sucanat®.
- Place in oven at 350° F for 25 minutes.
- In a stock pot on medium heat place 2 tsp. of coconut oil.
- Add onions and 1 tsp. of sea salt.
- Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add quinoa and toast for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, tomatoes, and chopped oregano.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Place on low heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a sauté pan under medium-high heat place shredded coconut.
- Continually toss until the coconut is golden brown.
- Take acorn squash out of oven and immediately place in food processor with reserved liquid from pan.
- Pulse until uniform mixture is formed.
- Combine squash puree with quinoa and top with toasted coconut.
- Serve warm and enjoy!