Created by the NOW® Culinary Innovation Team
This crave-able couscous recipe with infusion of Mediterranean flavors
makes a healthy base for any entrée.
Makes 6 servings
2 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
1 cup whole wheat couscous
1 tbsp. Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
¾ cup chopped NOW Real Food® Certified Organic Walnuts*
1 small clove garlic, minced or pressed
½ cup lightly packed chopped fresh mint
½ cup lightly packed chopped fresh rosemary
½ cup lightly packed chopped parsley
2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ tsp. coarse salt
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth or water to a boil.
- Add couscous. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Place a sauté pan on medium heat.
- In the sauté pan, add 1 tsp. of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add organic walnuts and stir until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook until the garlic starts to brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Uncover the couscous and fluff with a fork
- Toss in chopped herbs, walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, and salt.
- Combine until the couscous is evenly mixed and serve.
Freezing Veggie Burgers:
- Cool cooked burgers, place them in individual re-sealable plastic bags, and freeze up to 3 months.
- To reheat, unwrap the burgers, de-thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, then place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake at 300° F until heated through, 12 to15 minutes.