(Serves 4 to 6)
1 tbsp. Ellyndale™ Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil
3 or 4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. cumin seeds
2 cups of vegetable stock
1 tbsp. curry powder
1 tbsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 cup Living Now® Tri-Color Quinoa
1/2 cup sliced, lightly toasted NOW Real Food® Almonds
- In a pot place olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add minced garlic and cumin, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of vegetable stock, curry powder, kosher salt, cayenne pepper.
- Cook on medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Add the tri-color quinoa, cover the pot, and reduce heat to low. Cook 15 minutes, or until quinoa has absorbed the stock.
- While the quinoa is cooking, place the almonds in a separate pan over high heat.
- Continuously move the sauté pan to toast the almonds for 1 minute, then set aside.
- Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork, and sprinkle toasted almonds.
- Serve warm and enjoy!