Makes 12 muffins (gluten-free); same mix can be used for making delicious GF pancakes! Just add 1 more cup of water.
1 egg (or ¼ cup of silken tofu: vegan option)
cup grapeseed oil
5 tbsp. NOW Real Food® Organic Light Agave Nectar
½ tsp. NOW Real Food® Organic Vanilla Extract
1 cup fresh blueberries
1½ cups NOW Real Food® Organic Brown Rice Flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. sea salt
5 tbsp. NOW Real Food® Organic Maple Syrup (to top pancake)
- Preheat Oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg lightly (or whip tofu in blender until you have an even consistency).
- Stir in the water, grapeseed oil, agave nectar, vanilla extract, and fresh blueberries
- In a separate bowl combine rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the blueberry mixture until fully incorporated.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper bake cups, and divide the batter among them.
- Bake at 375° F for 20 minutes.
- Set aside for 10 minutes until fully cool and then serve.