2 ½ cups vegetable stock
1 cup Living Now® Organic Amaranth
2 red beets, quartered
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. Ellyndale Organic™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ cup NOW Real Food® Organic Walnuts
3 cups organic arugula
½ cup goat cheese
½ cup NOW Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Melted
1 tsp NOW Goji
¼ tsp Mustard
½ tsp Sea Salt
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Place 2 ½ cups of vegetable stock in a small pot with and 1 cup of Amaranth over medium heat.
- Allow for the mixture to come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low; cover for 15 to20 minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed.
- Turn off the heat and allow for the mixture to cool for 5 minutes.
- Fluff amaranth with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine beets, sea salt, and oil.
- Pour beet mixture onto a sheet pan in an even layer.
- Roast for 8 to10 minutes or until the beets have softened.
- Set aside and allow for beets to cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together amaranth, beets, walnuts, arugula, and goat cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together goji juice and mustard.
- Continually whisk and slowly drizzle in melted coconut oil until you have an emulsified vinaigrette.
- Add salt and pepper to season.
- Lightly dress salad and serve.